- WAN collects personally identifiable information whenever you deal with WAN, for example if you register for a WAN advertising account, when you use WAN products or services, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
- Generally, we ask for your name, email address, birth date, gender, and post code. Once you supply these details to WAN, you are not anonymous to us.
- Where the internet is used, WAN also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, WAN cookie information, and the page you requested.
- WAN may also collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including from advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partner.
- lf, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
WAN uses the information it collects about you for the following purposes.
- Primarily to provide you with products or services you have requested from W AN.
- To provide you with news and information about our products or services.
- To send marketing and promotional material to you that we believe you may
be interested in which relates to WAN’s businesses or third party businesses.
- To communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone, to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of WAN and third parties.
- For all purposes necessary and incidental to the provision of any goods or services to you by WAN or anyone on behalf of or in affiliation with WAN.
- To verify your identity and personal information.
- To administer any contracts between you and WAN, to investigate any
complaints and to ensure that your activities are not unlawful.
- As required or permitted by any law.
- WAN may set and access WAN cookies on your computer.
- WAN allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. The way other companies use their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to WAN's cookies.
- WAN uses web beacons to access our cookies within and outside our network of web sites and in connection with WAN products and services.
Editing and Deleting Your Information
WAN gives you the ability to edit or delete your information at any time. Should you wish to do so, please contact us at The West Australian (attention Group General Counsel), GPO Box D162 Perth WA 6840, or contact the Group General Counsel on 1300 572 699.
- WAN will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- However, the security of online transactions cannot be guaranteed, so you supply us with personal information at your own risk and we do not accept any liability for the loss or misuse of your information when its security is not within our control.
WAN may edit this policy from time to time. We will publish these changes in this policy, as soon as thye are made.
Opt out or editing
If you do not want the details to be used for the purposes stated please write to us at The West Australian (attention Group General Counsel), GPO Box D162 Perth WA 6840, or contact the Group General Counsel on 1300 572 699 and The West Australian will ensure that the details are not used for that purpose.